As Administrator of the Florida Department of Health in Collier County, Stephanie Vick oversees three health department locations, over 170 employees and a budget of $11.6 million. DOH-Collier is the second healthiest county in the state and Ms. Vick is heavily involved in support of wellness initiatives in the health department as well as in the community as demonstrated by her willingness to collaborate with local community partners on the Blue Zones Project.
Ms. Vick received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The Catholic University of America in Washington D.C., and her Master of Science in Health Services Administration from NOVA/Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale. She has held many positions within DOH-Collier including Clinic Coordinator, Family and Personal Health Director, Executive CHN Nursing Director, and, most recently, Administrator. She is a multi-year Davis Productivity Award recipient for her work in community outreach in Collier County. Ms. Vick has furthered her community outreach by educating future nurses and health care leaders by serving as an adjunct professor at Hodges University in Naples, Florida. She is a supporter of quality improvement in the work place and is a trained Public Health Accreditation Board Examiner. Ms. Vick is an experienced leader in both the public health sector and the Hospital setting where her most recent role was as Director of Women and Infant Nursing at the Ohio State University Medical center in Columbus, Ohio. There, she managed a budget of over $11 million as well as a construction budget of more than $7 million for a new Labor, Delivery and Recovery Department. In this role she managed more than 260 full time employees.
Ms. Vick has led Community Interest Groups such as serving as chair of the Local March of Dimes and Board Member of the Healthy Start Coalition. She also has served for professional organizations and most recently twice as President for the Florida Association of Public Health Nurses.
She is the proud mother of two daughters, Kristin and Brooke and she is thrilled to have her first grandchild (a little girl) who is the apple of her eye. She enjoys sewing, painting, and being creative. Her appointment as Administrator has fulfilled a long term career goal and Ms. Vick and her staff are prepared to lead DOH-Collier into the future.
- Preventive Medicine for Patients 14 years of Age and Over; Annual Physicals, Acute and Chronic Care, Vaccinations, Flu Shots, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Gluten Sensitivity, Hypothyroidism, Headaches and Migraines, Weight Loss Program, Stress Management, Osteoporosis, Insomnia, Cardiovascular Screenings, Lipid Clinic, Coumadin Clinic, DOT Physicals, School/Sports Physicals, EKG, Lab Testing, Ultrasounds and Spirometry.
- M.D. University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia, 1995
- Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH, Internal Medicine Internship, Residency and Chief Resident
- Hospitals affiliated with the University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia (Internship)
- Korunda Medical Institute, Naples, FL, Medical Director, 2008 – present
- Medical Surgical Specialists, Naples, FL, Staff, Dept. of Internal Medicine, 2006 – 2008
- Cleveland Clinic; Naples, FL, Staff, Dept. of Internal Medicine, 2005 – 2006
- Medical Pavilion Clinic, Port Charlotte, FL, Group Practice, 2001 – 2004
- Health Care Krapina, Krapina, Croatia, Staff Physician, 1995 – 1997
- Physicians Regional Medical Center, Naples, FL
- Naples Community Hospital, Naples, FL
- Clinical Associate, Nova Southeastern University, Naples, FL
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Florida Medical Association
- Collier County Medical Society