Who is Eligible?
- You must be a Collier County adult resident between the ages of 19 to 64.
- You must be able to provide proof of Collier County residency for at least 6 months prior to making application.
- You must not have health insurance of any kind, are not eligible for Medicare, or Medicaid; and have an immediate medical need.
- Your individual and family income must be below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines (see chart below).
- You do not have to have U.S. citizenship.
- Enrollment is for a 6-month period subject to meeting program guidelines. An extension may be granted pending continued eligibility and continued treatment. However, it is your responsibility to request an extension.
2015 FEDERAL POVERTY GUIDELINES
|Persons in Family Unit||200% Poverty Annual||Monthly|
Each additional person $8,320 – $693
SOURCE: Federal Register, Vol. 76, No. 13, January 20, 2015, pp. 3637 – 3638 Compiled by: Robert Hester, Florida Department of Health
How do I become a PLAN patient?
You must be referred to PLAN by a current volunteer member of PLAN. This may be your primary care physician, another specialty healthcare member of PLAN, or one of the community clinics or hospitals.
We reserve the right to verify information that you have provided in your application. If you have provided inaccurate or false information to us you may be required to pay for any assistance you have received.
What do I have to do as a PLAN patient?
If you are accepted into the PLAN program, you will be asked to follow a set of patient responsibilities that a patient navigator will review thoroughly with you during your qualification appointment.